SOLVED

Re: Marketo Landing Pages, SEO, and Best Practices

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Landing Pages, SEO, and Best Practices

I've seen this mentioned in a few other discussions, so it sounds like this isn't completely outlandish, but I have to ask.

Do people frequently use the Marketo landing pages for specific SEO campaigns?  I am relatively new to Marketo and am decidedly NOT an SEO expert, so pardon me if this is a stupid question.  I had assumed you needed to keep your landing pages within your parent site for better rank/relevance in SEO.  Since we have a fully functioning site maintained by our web developers, would it be weird for us to build some landing pages in Marketo for specific campaigns?  

My team would like to start doing this, and I want to see if this would be considered a good practice.  For people that are doing it, would you recommend building out HTML in some key templates to make it both custom design and easily cloned?

Looking for some direction/advice overall.

Thanks!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Marketo Landing Page Templates are designed to be easy to use. That being said, you need to come up with a design and code that suits you well in 80-90% of cases. This is best practice for using the system.

In that Template, you can embed tokens or standard SEO that you can later edit on a page by page basis:
http://www.marketingrockstarguides.com/seo-for-marketo-landing-pages-1408/

I highly recommend coming up with a plan to ensure your page is SEOd, even if the marketer forgets to update the meta tags.

It is perfectly acceptable to include Marketo LPs in an SEO campaign. I'd check the Moz Updates to see what the thinking is on subdomains vs. main domains. My understanding is they are sometimes considered separately for ranking. I'd be more concerned with getting your LP to show up for the target kw and that may have to do with how well your main site ranks for that kw.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Marketo Landing Page Templates are designed to be easy to use. That being said, you need to come up with a design and code that suits you well in 80-90% of cases. This is best practice for using the system.

In that Template, you can embed tokens or standard SEO that you can later edit on a page by page basis:
http://www.marketingrockstarguides.com/seo-for-marketo-landing-pages-1408/

I highly recommend coming up with a plan to ensure your page is SEOd, even if the marketer forgets to update the meta tags.

It is perfectly acceptable to include Marketo LPs in an SEO campaign. I'd check the Moz Updates to see what the thinking is on subdomains vs. main domains. My understanding is they are sometimes considered separately for ranking. I'd be more concerned with getting your LP to show up for the target kw and that may have to do with how well your main site ranks for that kw.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info, Josh!