SOLVED

Marketo Landing Page

Go to solution
Deeps
Level 4

Marketo Landing Page

Hi Team,

Help me with this query:

Once I am cookie'd on a Marketo landing page (naming this as LP1)....next time when I visit some other marketo LP (naming this as LP2) my website visits on this LP (LP2) should be tracked right ?.

Thanks,

Deepthi.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Marketo Landing Page

Yes, given that the tracking cookie associated with the known person record isn't removed prior to the LP2 visit, and LP2 has the Munchkin placed on it, the activities on LP2 should be tracked on the same person record. FYR, by default, Marketo LPs have Munchkin on them, but there's an option to Disable the Munchkin Tracking at the template level.

View solution in original post

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You haven’t specified if they’re on the same Marketo LP domain. It’s possible to have Marketo LP domain aliases that do not share Munchkin cookies.

For example, pages.example.net and pages.example.com will never share cookies, so in that case a visitor may be known (= associated cookie) on one domain but anonymous on the other.

If both pages are on pages.example.com then yes, the cookie will be shared so if it’s associated for one it’ll also track the other.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Yes, given that the tracking cookie associated with the known person record isn't removed prior to the LP2 visit, and LP2 has the Munchkin placed on it, the activities on LP2 should be tracked on the same person record. FYR, by default, Marketo LPs have Munchkin on them, but there's an option to Disable the Munchkin Tracking at the template level.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You haven’t specified if they’re on the same Marketo LP domain. It’s possible to have Marketo LP domain aliases that do not share Munchkin cookies.

For example, pages.example.net and pages.example.com will never share cookies, so in that case a visitor may be known (= associated cookie) on one domain but anonymous on the other.

If both pages are on pages.example.com then yes, the cookie will be shared so if it’s associated for one it’ll also track the other.