Re: Marketo Integration Database Management Flow

abhishek_c
Level 2

Marketo Integration Database Management Flow

Hi All,

I have just gone through the API's and completely new to this Product and I want to understand the complete Database Architecture of Marketo Application as we want to integrate this Product in our application through REST API. So, need depth knowledge on the flow of Data (How Primary or Foreign Key can be referred). How the data flows and what's the best way of understanding Marketo Application. 

We also need to know which API is been mapped to which Flow and how we can know the dependencies and Lineage of it. What's the best Practice to integrate Marketo through REST API. I already did basic steps like adding users generating Token and accessing data through API and sending Scheduled email through Engagement Program.  

5 REPLIES 5
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Wow, Abhishek,

That is a big question you ask there. It sounds like you know your way around APIs and integrations in general. Did you already check out de developer pages of Marketo? These can be found here: https://developers.marketo.com/

As for the database architecture, there's really a few core components:

• The Person object (still called Leads in the API) is pretty much at the heart of the UI. This table generally associates with both Leads and Contacts in your CRM. The unique key is the Lead Id.
  • The person is linked to the Company object with the External Company Id as a unique key.
  • A link with the Opportunity object is made from the Person via a background object called Opportunity Role. It has a unique key called External Opportunity Id and can also be directly associated with the Company.
  • The fourth main element in Marketo is the Activities table, logically associated with the Person.
  • Via the API you can also access individual Programs and Assets.

You can add multiple Custom Objects and Custom Activities to accomodate other data sets like transactional data.

I hope this gives you a good start.

Kind regards,

Katja

abhishek_c
Level 2

Hi @Katja_Keesom

Thanks for your response and you have cleared my most of the doubts but still more details I wanted to get started with Marketo.
Yes, I have tried the link which you have send and wanted to know more about the Architecture. 

Katja_Keesom

Hi Abhishek,

When setting up your integration I would suggest to enlist the support of an expert so you can be sure it is set up in the best way possible for your use case. That is a bit more than you can do with a simple conversation on the community.

Kind regards,

Katja

abhishek_c
Level 2

Hi @Katja_Keesom , Thanks for the advice. Can you please suggest me where can I get support from an expert.  

Phillip_Wild

Hi @abhishek_c ,

If you are looking for more information on Marketo's APIs, then really the documentation is quite comprehensive. If you are looking for how best to use those APIs to integrate into other systems, you will likely have to hire external developers. Unless you have a more specific question it's tough to add more context to what is already documented.

If you do have a specific question about how one endpoint or another works, feel free to post it - there will be a few people on this community who can certainly help. But at the moment it's a bit broad.