SOLVED

Marketo integrated plug-in to determine which days, times, etc. have the best results?

Go to solution
Chris_Saporito
Level 9

Marketo integrated plug-in to determine which days, times, etc. have the best results?

I'm curious if there is a Marketo integrated plug-in that can use my specific history/data in Marketo to determine the most optimal times and days to send emails.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marketo integrated plug-in to determine which days, times, etc. have the best results?

RCE will show you this in the example reports.

I'm not super convinced this is a good report unless you have rigorously tested this on your audience. There are some benchmark reports that can give you ideas, but if you've been sending at 4pm on Thursdays every week for a year, ...your best day will be Thursdays at 4pm!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marketo integrated plug-in to determine which days, times, etc. have the best results?

Chris Saporito​ FYI. I moved your post to the Products and Support​ area, where you might get an answer sooner. Another option is to ask our Partners here Partners

Anonymous
Not applicable

RCE will show you this in the example reports.

I'm not super convinced this is a good report unless you have rigorously tested this on your audience. There are some benchmark reports that can give you ideas, but if you've been sending at 4pm on Thursdays every week for a year, ...your best day will be Thursdays at 4pm!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with Josh. You really ought to consider doing A/B testing regularly on send time if you want to optimize this.

Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Yes. I highly doubt this would ever be a product since very few clients would have enough different send times to give statistically significant results.

Additionally, if you send one blast on Thursday, and one blast on Monday, then to simply conclude that one day is better than another is fraught with danger. There are so many factors that affect it. Without doing rigorous A/B testing, you are simply guessing, to be honest. Even with a large history built up, audiences change over time, and factors such as subject line will have a large effect on results.