Re: Marketo & GoToWebinar integration - cancelling GTW registration through Mkto

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo & GoToWebinar integration - cancelling GTW registration through Mkto

Hi,

I'm also waiting on an answer from GTW Support on this but hoping someone here has an answer to this issue.

Someone in my company (swear it wan't me ) accidentally changed the member status in a GTW-synced program from "Invited" to "Registered", which means that the GTW it's synced to is now at capacity with false registrations. I've gotten in touch with Mkto support they and walked me through the steps of changing statuses back to "Invited", but  the tests I've done isn't reflected in GTW - even though I've taken people out of the Mkto program they're still in GTW as a registrant.

So, question:

• Is this just a matter of waiting for GTW to sync, or is it the case that once people are registered in GTW they're stuck in there, and I'll have to try and clean things up on the GTW end? Unfortunately the false regos number in the thousands

3 REPLIES 3
Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

Re: Marketo & GoToWebinar integration - cancelling GTW registration through Mkto

Out of the box, there is no Invited status in the GTW program.

What happens if you change members to "Not In Program"?

pastedImage_0.png

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Invited is a Marketo only status, the first one in the steps. It has nothing to do with GTW.

You cannot go backwards from Registered to Invited.

you should, instead, as Nick mentions:

• Kick all leads out of the program.
  • Kick all leads out of GTW (if you can). You may need to delete and redo your GTW.
  • Use a batch flow to find all who Filled Out Form properly.
  • Run Change Program Status=Registered
  • Check new GTW.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Nick & Josh. I can probably be a bit more clear with the question in my post. I'm not worried about getting leads in the Marketo program back to their previous status (which I've already done with Marketo Support's help) - I was more hoping that I can bulk cancel leads' GTW registrations via Marketo. Unfortunately, the answer is no - taking people out of the Marketo program/changing their status does not undo registrations on GTW end.

Your option of just redoing the GTW schedule is probably the best course of action (I was hoping to avoid it...) at this point unless GTW support gets back to me with a different idea.