SOLVED

Marketo Forms Question

Go to solution
erlicp
Level 1

Marketo Forms Question

Hello, 

I am wondering if there is anyway to trigger a form fill even if a contact hasn't filled out a form. Is there anyway to mark a contact as having filled out a form without the contact actually doing it themselves. I ask because my company gets tradeshow leads on a regular basis that have to be manually uploaded to our CRM, and the prerequisite for a contact to be pushed from Marketo to CRM is for them to have filled out a form. I would like to use Marketo to automate the process of uploading these contacts directly to CRM and instead upload the customers contact info and other information to a list in a marketo program. Then use that Marketo program to say they filled out a form and push them through to CRM. Let me know if this makes any sense or if this is possible at all. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Marketo Forms Question

I am wondering if there is anyway to trigger a form fill even if a contact hasn't filled out a form. Is there anyway to mark a contact as having filled out a form without the contact actually doing it themselves.

I’m going to say No.

Not that you couldn’t fake a form using the REST API Submit Form endpoint, but because (a) you probably do not have a developer available to do that and (b) a large upload could overwhelm REST API limits.

But it sounds like we actually have an XY Problem. The question shouldn’t be “how do we fake a form?” but “how do we use alternate criteria to allow a contact to be pushed from Marketo to our CRM?” I see no reason for you to have a supposed prerequisite that you then hack your way around (so it’s not really a prerequisite at all!).

Instead, why not have your prereq be “Had Interesting Moment”, for example, and set an IM if someone fills out a form and also set an IM if they’re created via list import?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

I am wondering if there is anyway to trigger a form fill even if a contact hasn't filled out a form. Is there anyway to mark a contact as having filled out a form without the contact actually doing it themselves.

I’m going to say No.

Not that you couldn’t fake a form using the REST API Submit Form endpoint, but because (a) you probably do not have a developer available to do that and (b) a large upload could overwhelm REST API limits.

But it sounds like we actually have an XY Problem. The question shouldn’t be “how do we fake a form?” but “how do we use alternate criteria to allow a contact to be pushed from Marketo to our CRM?” I see no reason for you to have a supposed prerequisite that you then hack your way around (so it’s not really a prerequisite at all!).

Instead, why not have your prereq be “Had Interesting Moment”, for example, and set an IM if someone fills out a form and also set an IM if they’re created via list import?

erlicp
Level 1

Sanford, 

Thank you for the tip I'll give the IM strategy a try and thanks for sharing the XY problem info with me, very good way to approach new problems without getting stuck in a rabbit hole. 

SanfordWhiteman

Sure thing.