Re: Marketo Forms 2.0 embed (OOTB) on AEM

rocky06
Level 1

Marketo Forms 2.0 embed (OOTB) on AEM

Hello.  We are using Marketo API on our website.  When I set value

rocky06_0-1598619630456.png

and view the published page the select dropdown doesn't show the default text already set on the Marketo form.

rocky06_3-1598622693657.png

rocky06_1-1598620161506.png

I can still populate the form with a default value but I would have to pass the queryparameter in the url empty like - areaofinterest=...but this isn't correct because i would have to include a dummy value. 

So if the set value option is added on that specific marketo form and I go to the page (contact-us/general-inquires) the "Area of interest" will be empty since there's no value set for 'default' value.  Shouldn't the 'default' value appear if it's set in the marketo form? 

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

To be precise, you're using an app that in turn uses the Forms 2.0 API (which is great, but very different from other APIs). 

The choices you have here are using forms JS API methods (setValues, addHiddenFields).

Anyway, you're correct that the default value (the topmost/blank value in your case) should be used for the dropdown. Something else must be trying to set it to a nonexistent value (that's why you get no value at all). What's your URL?

rocky06
Level 1

Thanks for replying @SanfordWhiteman .  The app is AEM.  I can't release the url just yet as this is a new website launch and not public just yet.  I'm meeting with Marketo support tomorrow and will review with them.  Let's see what happens.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I know it's AEM — but that's not actually relevant to the problem as it would be the case with any embed that tries to set a nonexistent value.

You can DM me the URL in this case. It's going to be faster for me to diagnose than for Support.