SOLVED

Re: Marketo Form - Recognizing Known Visitors of Specific Program

Go to solution
shelliezollin
Level 2

Marketo Form - Recognizing Known Visitors of Specific Program

Greetings all, 

I understand how progressive profiling and known visitor functionality works, but our team is asking if we can create a form that recognizes known visitors of a subscription program vs. the entire database.

Example:

Visitor A comes to landing page, Marketo identifies them as being a member of the subscription list and shows them a simplified form, such as email address.

Visitor B comes to the landing page and Marketo sees they are not a member of the subscription list so they must fill out the more detailed form. 

Is this possible?

Thanks!

Shellie Z
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I understand how progressive profiling and known visitor functionality works, but our team is asking if we can create a form that recognizes known visitors of a subscription program vs. the entire database.

Yes, in several ways.

1. If you have a Segmentation to spare and are using a global Marketo LP, create a Segmentation that uses the Member of Program filter. It only needs 2 Segments: “In Program” and the built-in “Default”. Then use Dynamic Content for the content block that includes the form.

2. If you have a local Marketo LP, include a {{member.}} token on the page and use that to determine if the person is already in the program or not ({{member.}} tokens are null for people not in the program). See Show one Marketo form to existing program members and another to non-members.

3. If you’re using the embed code a non-Marketo page, you can leverage my Pre-Fill JS solution. Your Data Transfer Page can be a local Marketo LP as in 2. above, so it can use {{member.}} tokens.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Yes, in several ways.

1. If you have a Segmentation to spare and are using a global Marketo LP, create a Segmentation that uses the Member of Program filter. It only needs 2 Segments: “In Program” and the built-in “Default”. Then use Dynamic Content for the content block that includes the form.

2. If you have a local Marketo LP, include a {{member.}} token on the page and use that to determine if the person is already in the program or not ({{member.}} tokens are null for people not in the program). See Show one Marketo form to existing program members and another to non-members.

3. If you’re using the embed code a non-Marketo page, you can leverage my Pre-Fill JS solution. Your Data Transfer Page can be a local Marketo LP as in 2. above, so it can use {{member.}} tokens.