Marketo form intermittently not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo form intermittently not working

Hi,

I've sent an email blast with an event invite. Within the email is the link to a registration landing page, with a Marketo form. I've tested using different browsers, however one of our customers (who is not a lead in Marketo) had the email forwarded to him and has not been able to register. When he hits submit it doesn't do anything.

Different people have performed the following tests:

bluesource User 1

Andrew received the email to his laptop as a sample that I sent from Marketo, but he’s not in Marketo as a ‘Lead’

He clicked through using the email which took him to the landing page using Edge

He wasn’t recognised so filled his details in and hit submit

Nothing happened, didn’t even look like the page started to think or anything

Bluesource company internet

Bluesource User 2

James received the email as a forward from me, he’s not in Marketo as a ‘Lead’

He clicked through to the landing page using Chrome

He filled the form out and hit submit

He successfully went to the TYP and got the email

Jo C - Marketo Admin

Tested in Chrome, using bluesource internet, clicked through from sample email I sent myself, filled (wasn't pre-filled) form, and all worked

Same again incognito in Chrome, and all good

Tested in Edge, all good

Tested on my iPhone using 4G internet, using link from Marketo I sent to my personal email, using safari, and not working - says 'please wait' like its thinking but then doesn't go to Thank You page.

Customer

Mark received the email as a forward from Chris B, he’s not in Marketo as a ‘Lead’

He clicked through to the landing page, filled the form, submitted and nothing happened

Customer's internet

Any ideas why it's working for some and not for others?

Link is http://pages.bluesource.net/UK-CloudMigrationsLunch-16Jan17.html

Thanks

Jo

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Marketo form intermittently not working

I don't see anything amiss at a first look.

This code is commented out, but to be clear it would not work reliably if you uncommented it (creating an impression of "random" behavior like the one you're describing):

$jQ(document).ready(function(){
  /*$jQ('input[id=mktFrmSubmit]').wrap("<div class='buttonSubmit'></div>");
  $jQ(".buttonSubmit").prepend("<span></span>");*/
  });

You should never use jQuery ready (a.k.a. DOMReady, a.k.a. DOMContentLoaded) with Marketo forms. Use MktoForms.whenReady.

Anyway, that isn't the issue as it's not running now.

I know you've done a bunch of comparisons, but what I really need is a specific OS + browser version combo that always fails in a private/incognito window. Then I can debug it further.