SOLVED

Marketo form field validation

Go to solution
PatrickCumiskey
Level 2

Marketo form field validation

Hi - I have been using a form to collect customer registrations (From current customers) for an event with the added bonus of collecting some additional data points.

The issue that i am finding, is that customers are able to enter invalid information into the form due to a lack of field validation options. E.g. in a field that is number only, customers can enter text such as "Dont know" etc.

Is there a way to add some validation to the fields in the form?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Marketo form field validation

"Validation" is a very broad term but yes, you can add all manner of custom regex-based validation to form fields. However, here it sounds like you just didn't set the form field type to Number in Form Editor. This doesn't require any custom code.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

"Validation" is a very broad term but yes, you can add all manner of custom regex-based validation to form fields. However, here it sounds like you just didn't set the form field type to Number in Form Editor. This doesn't require any custom code.
Kaitlyn_Simko
Level 4

Hey there,

Marketo recently released an update to Form Validation rules.  I suggest checking this out and seeing if there is a way to implement global rules on your forms for scalibility.  

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/administration/settings/global-fo...

Kaitlyn

SanfordWhiteman

Marketo recently released an update to Form Validation rules. 

That’s about email fields, though.