Marketo Field Not Fully Populating

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Field Not Fully Populating

Hello Community!
We're running into an issue with one of our fields that is synced with our CRM. This field was created in our CRM and pushed to Marketo.

The field is called "Industry Group" and is at the account level. Each account has an identified Industry Group. When running a report in SFDC, around 44,000 contacts/leads are pulled when we look for "Not Empty" in the industry group field.

But, when I run a smart campaign in Marketo that says that same thing -- Field "Industry Group" is not empty -- it pulls 1967 leads. It's obviously populating for SOME of the leads, because we hid the field in SFDC and then un-hid it and it increased the number by 200. However, it doesn't seem to finish syncing or finish populating the rest of the records.
0EM50000000T054.jpg
Is there any reason that this would be properly mapped for SOME leads and not for others? I'm having trouble understanding why it wouldn't populate for all existing leads. Let me know if anyone has experienced this issue before or has an idea of what could be conditionally preventing leads from updating.

Thank you!
Taylor
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Marketo Field Not Fully Populating

Do you have two versions of this field?

Industry Group
Industry Group (L)
Industry Groupl (C)
Industry Group (A)

If so, then you need to consistently use the correct ones. C and A will only work for Contacts. L works for leads. Ideally you have the first one which is mapped properly.

Since you said it was only on the Account, only matching Contacts will display. I would bet you have 1967 contacts there.

Now why in the world wouldn't it pull 44000? Unclear. Are all 44000 Contacts synced to Marketo?

What I'd do is place this on the Contact, then push the values to Contacts in SFDC, then try again. You'll need a trigger or something to map the C to A when the A changes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marketo Field Not Fully Populating

Josh,
We do have two versions of the field, because we've already tried to do what you've described above. We created Industry Group (L) at the Lead level, and pushed the account information to that field. It's all populated in SFDC, but still is not pushing to Marketo (except for those few leads).

Now, the odd thing is that when I checked this morning, the Leads that the campaign pulled is 2123. The number is going up, but unless this is the slowest sync in the history of data transfers, it still doesn't seem to be pulling effectively.

Any other ideas? I'm stuck, too! Thanks,
Taylor