SOLVED

Marketo Field Auto-Complete (or pull values from external source)

Go to solution
Steve_Schimmel
Level 3

Marketo Field Auto-Complete (or pull values from external source)

Hi,

I am working on a Product Registration form that allows people to register their products. The challenge is that we have many, many products, often with names that are hard to remember. I am trying to help people remember the names of their products when filling out the form, and I have two possible solutions, but I am not sure if either is possible. Can anyone provide insight into the below options?

1. Auto-Complete field value (different than auto-populate). If, for example, in the product field, someone wanted to type "Camcorder xyz", and they started typing "Cam..." once they got to the 3rd letter, a list of possible values would drop down for selection. This would make it easier for form fillers to remember, and enforce structure to the values.

I haven't been able to find a solution that enables this, so an alternative option is below. Since we have so many products, a pick list ins't ideal, but with visibility controls, I could make it work. I just need to figure out how to keep the pick list updated.

2. Pull Pick-List Values From External Source. We are constantly introducing new products, and I am not always aware. That being the case, if I were to create a pick list with self-selection options, it would be hard to maintain the list of options and keep it up-do-date. I can of course put processes in place to update the list quarterly or so, but it would be easier if the list could populate from an external source. For example, we keep a list of our products updated in an enterprise resource planning tool. Could I automatically feed all products in this list into a Marketo form, so when new products get added, the form is automatically updated?

Any suggestions or other ideas are very much appreciated! Thanks so much!

Steve

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Marketo Field Auto-Complete (or pull values from external source)

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Marketo Field Auto-Complete (or pull values from external source)

See

real time search field