Marketo does not use tracking link for [if mso] wrapped href

WolframLotz
Level 4

Marketo does not use tracking link for [if mso] wrapped href

Hi everyone, 
I created a button in our email template similar to what @SanfordWhiteman wrote in his post about "bulletpoof buttons" some years ago. 

To change the URL I added a variable in my code. So far everything works fine. The button is shown correct and the variable is exchanged against its values. 

BUT Marketo exchanges the link in the code just for the a-tag. The href-URL in v:roundrect stays unchanged. Means both links lead to the same end page but the link shown in Outlook can't be tracked.

Did anyone of you face the same issue and found a solution for that?

Thanks and best regards 
Wolfram 

<div><!--[if mso]>
<v:roundrect xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" href="${ctaLink}" style="height:40px;v-text-anchor:middle;width:${ctaWidth};" arcsize="50%" stroke="f" fillcolor="#e20613">
<w:anchorlock/>
<center>
<![endif]-->
<a href="${ctaLink}"
style="background-color:#e20613;border-radius:20px;color:#ffffff;display:inline-block;font-family:Calibri, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;font-weight:bold;line-height:40px;text-align:center;text-decoration:none;width:200px;-webkit-text-size-adjust:none;">${ctaLinkText}</a>
<!--[if mso]>
</center>
</v:roundrect>
<![endif]--></div>

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Marketo does not use tracking link for [if mso] wrapped href

Doesn’t seem like you really followed my instrux since you should be using <a:roundrect>.