Marketo Deleted Leads syncing back again from SFDC

Mkhanna0510
Level 2

Marketo Deleted Leads syncing back again from SFDC

Hi,

We are running into an issue of leads getting synced back from SFDC after being deleted from Marketo. We did make sure that leads were deleted from Marketo only and also made checks to make sure they don't sync back to Marketo from SFDC. However, I can see no major changes happening on SFDC end but we still see leads getting synced back to Marketo in batches,

Can somebody help with this issue or provide some suggestions?

Thanks

Mohit

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Marketo Deleted Leads syncing back again from SFDC

We did make sure that leads were deleted from Marketo only and also made checks to make sure they don't sync back to Marketo from SFDC

What checks, exactly?

Mkhanna0510
Level 2

Creating custom sync filters in SFDC to make sure whenever we are deleting leads from Marketo only, we uncheck the custom field box in SFDC and also activate the workflow rule.

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Couple of items to check here - 

• If you're disabling the sync from SFDC, it's best to use a time-based workflow so that the "sync" field is not unchecked immediately. Greg talks about this in his "Sync with Marketo" mysteries part 2 post linked below.
  • If the Sync with Marketo is getting updated and synced correctly in both the platforms before deleting the lead, do you have any workflow/automation in place in SFDC that might be updating the Sync with Marketo field to True? Sync can be disabled from either Marketo or SFDC, but it can only be enabled from the SFDC by updating the Sync with Marketo field to True.

Check out these amazing posts on Sync with Marketo concept by Greg - 

"Sync with Marketo" mysteries part 1

"Sync with Marketo" mysteries part 2

Mkhanna0510
Level 2

Hi @darko ,

Thank you for suggesting the possible cause of the issue. However, I am running into a different issue now which is, that I am trying to check both systems by deleting a test lead from Marketo only. Before deleting, I am making sure the custom field "Sync to Marketo" becomes false. Post that, I waited for half an hour to make sure the sync happens between the two system. However, I cannot see the field getting an update in SFDC. How I can make sure if I am updating field from Marketo, it gets updated in SFDC.