SOLVED

Marketo connects to SFDC Events or just Campaigns?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo connects to SFDC Events or just Campaigns?

My company uses SFDC events, but they do not use SFDC campaigns. Events is an additional module purchase and ours has been heavily customized and tied into too many of our executive's reports.

Consequently, I do not want to sync my programs to Campaigns, I want to sync them to Events. I tried to find documentation on this, but couldn't. Does anyone know if this is possible???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Marketo connects to SFDC Events or just Campaigns?

Hi Christina,

I looked at the app and there is a table, named "Event Registration" that is linked to contacts with a lookup. This means you can map this table in Marketo and will get:

• an "Added to Event Registration" trigger
  • a "Was added to Event Registration" filter
  • a "Has Event Regostration" filter.

You would you these 3 to create smart campaigns that in fact add a lead to a program each time they register. The opposite (adding a registration when someone is added to a program) will not be possible without a webhook or if Marketo implements this idea :

-Greg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Christina,

That will not be possible, I am afraid. Event is a custom object in SFDC and there is no possibility to redirect the program-campaign synch to a program-event (or whatever custom object).

You could use Marketo Custom objects instead and map event members and events in Marketo, then use the related filters and triggers to add your leads to programs.

-Greg

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

This would be complex to setup, requiring special API and Apex code. A lot of this will depend on what Events really are - is it a custom object and app? What does it really do?

Marketo, out of the box, is not going to sync to this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can find events module here: https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000005vK3CEAU  but our version has been so heavily customized that it doesn't really resemble the video.

So if I have attendees to a tradeshow who stopped by my booth, I can't have a flow step that says "Add to SFDC Campaign" and push to that event instead?

If that's accurate, I will either have to continue uploading attendees to events or try to convince my SFDC to move events to campaigns.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Christina,

I looked at the app and there is a table, named "Event Registration" that is linked to contacts with a lookup. This means you can map this table in Marketo and will get:

• an "Added to Event Registration" trigger
  • a "Was added to Event Registration" filter
  • a "Has Event Regostration" filter.

You would you these 3 to create smart campaigns that in fact add a lead to a program each time they register. The opposite (adding a registration when someone is added to a program) will not be possible without a webhook or if Marketo implements this idea :

-Greg