SOLVED

Re: Marketo Company Name Linking to SFDC Account (and Rolling Back Unintended Consequences)

Go to solution
Steve_Schimmel
Level 3

Marketo Company Name Linking to SFDC Account (and Rolling Back Unintended Consequences)

We were getting a ton of support form fills on our Contact Us landing page, so my team was looking for a way to automatically turn those form fills into support cases. We set up a process that automatically converted form fillers requesting service, attached them to a "Default Service Account", and then created a case.

All was working until I realized that every time someone filled out the form, they got added to the account and we lost their comany name (because their company name got updated with "Default Service Account" based on SFDC linkage). We have since rolled out a solution that creates cases without adding to the default account, so this won't be a problem going forward. However, I have 2 key questions about how I can roll back issues that were already created as a result of the previous process.

1) Is there a way to capture original company name that was put into the form so I can correct all of the corrupted company name data? The company name now says "Default Service Account" for all, but I am trying to roll back to original.

2) Is there a way to break the linkage between the default account name in SFDC to the Marketo company name. Otherwise, I will need to ask the SFDC team to create a ton of new accounts matching original company name, and then moving contacts to the new accounts.

Thanks in advance!

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Marketo Company Name Linking to SFDC Account (and Rolling Back Unintended Consequences)

For (1) check out Reverto (https://reverto.io/). Tell them I sent ya... not a commission thing of course, just so they know I'm lookin' out. 🙂

Or you could build (1) yourself with a developer but the Reverto one-time pricing model is likely ~the same.

(2) I'm not seeing another way but will keep thinking.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

For (1) check out Reverto (https://reverto.io/). Tell them I sent ya... not a commission thing of course, just so they know I'm lookin' out. 🙂

Or you could build (1) yourself with a developer but the Reverto one-time pricing model is likely ~the same.

(2) I'm not seeing another way but will keep thinking.