SOLVED

Marketo Certified Exam

Go to solution
Jimgirls2
Level 1

Marketo Certified Exam

Hello, may I ask the composition of the new MCE exam, we will take this on May 2022, can you share with us the pre requisite of the new exam? Below are the 2 codes for this? May I know which exactly is intended for the new exam?

Adobe Certified Expert - Adobe Marketo Engage Business Practitioner

AD0-E558: https://express.adobe.com/page/OeEWqOdGdJfon/

Adobe Certified Professional - Marketo Engage Business Practitioner

AD0-E555: https://express.adobe.com/page/2Uu6nUf8aDe5P/

And for example, we take the MCA exam last 2019, with the new MCE exam, do we need to retake the MCA?

Thank you in advance for all the answers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Marketo Certified Exam

MCE exam has now been re-named and updated to Adobe Certified Expert - Marketo Engage Business Practitioner AD0-E558, there have been changes in the exam patterns and questions too and this updated exam focuses more on hands-on knowledge questions than the former MCE.

And, MCA exam has now been renamed and updated to Adobe Certified Professional - Marketo Engage Business Practitioner AD0-E555, the older Professional - AD0-E551 exam has been retired (since Feb 15th 2022).

IMO, you could directly appear for the newer MCE - ACE-MEBP exam AD0-E558 without having the need to re-take the newer professional exam - MCA has never been a pre-requisite for the Expert exam.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1

MCE exam has now been re-named and updated to Adobe Certified Expert - Marketo Engage Business Practitioner AD0-E558, there have been changes in the exam patterns and questions too and this updated exam focuses more on hands-on knowledge questions than the former MCE.

And, MCA exam has now been renamed and updated to Adobe Certified Professional - Marketo Engage Business Practitioner AD0-E555, the older Professional - AD0-E551 exam has been retired (since Feb 15th 2022).

IMO, you could directly appear for the newer MCE - ACE-MEBP exam AD0-E558 without having the need to re-take the newer professional exam - MCA has never been a pre-requisite for the Expert exam.

Hope this helps.

Jimgirls2
Level 1

Thank you so much for clarifications😀 Do you have any trusted sources where to review? I believe there are links in E558 but I guess that trainings need to be paid.

Darshil_Shah1

Well, I trust and recommend no other than Marketo's product docs, and resources provided by Adobe on the learning.adobe.com - study items on this portal may be exclusive to subscribers and/or partners. Along with you may refer this post from Veronica which is pretty extensive and detailed.

Along with that I would highly recommend trying out stuff, playing around in the Marketo instance as there's no substitute for the practical learning. Also, once you feel ready you can take up the practice test for the Adobe Certified Expert: Marketo Engage Business practitioner exam here.

In the end, be thorough with all the topics mentioned in the exam guide:

Wish you luck!