SOLVED

Marketo Campaign Leads Not Syncing to SFDC Campaign

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Campaign Leads Not Syncing to SFDC Campaign

I currently have a Marketo campaign running that is synced to a SFDC campaign. When invitees register for the event, they are suppose to be added to the SFDC campaign. 

However, when invitees register, the following error occurs in Marketo:

0EM50000000SkwR.jpg

In researching this problem in the Community, it seems that the lead status has to "match up" to whatever the campaigh has. But I'm just not sure how to do this. 

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Andrea

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Marketo Campaign Leads Not Syncing to SFDC Campaign

This SFDC Campaign is already linked with another Program.

If it happens to be the same Program, I suspect that you used an Add to SFDC Campaign flow step - totally unncessary. Just use Change Program Status.

The other possibility is that you did modify the Statuses in SFDC itself. Do not do this. To fix this, go into SFDC Campaign > Advanced and make all of the statuses match the Program Status exactly.

That should work.

You may have to manually run a Change Program Status on some of the Members to realign the data.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

This SFDC Campaign is already linked with another Program.

If it happens to be the same Program, I suspect that you used an Add to SFDC Campaign flow step - totally unncessary. Just use Change Program Status.

The other possibility is that you did modify the Statuses in SFDC itself. Do not do this. To fix this, go into SFDC Campaign > Advanced and make all of the statuses match the Program Status exactly.

That should work.

You may have to manually run a Change Program Status on some of the Members to realign the data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Josh!

Actually, we are using the "Change Program Status" step in our campaign. See flow below:

0EM50000000SkxA.jpg

I've also confirmed that the statuses we are using for our SFDC campaign are exactly like the ones we are using in our Marketo campaign (i.e. Invited and Registered). 

In addition to tying the SFDC campaign to Marketo at the smart campaign level (i.e. via the flow that I posted above), we have also tied this campaign to the SFDC campaign at the Marketo campaign level (by going to Event Actions | Salesforce Campaign Sync). Could this extra step be causing the issue?

Thanks in advance!

Andrea

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Andrea,

As you said,
"In addition to tying the SFDC campaign to Marketo at the smart campaign level (i.e. via the flow that I posted above), we have also tied this campaign to the SFDC campaign at the Marketo campaign level (by going to Event Actions | Salesforce Campaign Sync). Could this extra step be causing the issue?"

That's the exact issue here.

You can either sync a Marketo campaign with SFDC at campaign level.
OR
Not sync it as campaign level and do it selectively at individual smart campaign level.
But not 'both'

Hope this helps

Rajesh