Level 1

Marketo BigInt/64-bit Integer

Does Marketo support bigint data type? The data will be coming from Hadoop

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Marketo bigint

Simply put: No. Integers are signed 32-bit. Scores, though misdocumented as if they're signed 64-bit, cannot be updated beyond 32-bit via API.

But I wonder what you're expecting to do with these 64-bit types. If you only need to store them in Marketo and output them in emails, you can use a String, although that won't allow you to use them in numeric filters. Using a String will, perhaps surprisingly, allow you to treat them as BigIntegers in emails (i.e. you can add/subtract/whatever with them) because Velocity can cast a String to a BigInt.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Marketo bigint

Simply put: No. Integers are signed 32-bit. Scores, though misdocumented as if they're signed 64-bit, cannot be updated beyond 32-bit via API.

But I wonder what you're expecting to do with these 64-bit types. If you only need to store them in Marketo and output them in emails, you can use a String, although that won't allow you to use them in numeric filters. Using a String will, perhaps surprisingly, allow you to treat them as BigIntegers in emails (i.e. you can add/subtract/whatever with them) because Velocity can cast a String to a BigInt.