Re: Marketo Automated Bulk Extraction process Getting Ready for Data Retention ?

Ajay_Mamgain2
Level 3

Marketo Automated Bulk Extraction process Getting Ready for Data Retention ?

Business Issue: Do a bulk extract of the Marketo data using minimum IT resources and finances. ?

Solution: Marketo we will start archiving Email send and delivered data prior to 90 days, so it becomes important we take regular back up of Marketo data using Marketo Bulk Activity Extract (which will save APIs calls). In the below example, I have used App Script and Google Sheet to do the extraction and copy of the data. You can also notify the user when the job is started and completed.

The flow looks like below:

PowerBI-App-Script.png

You can create triggers to run the job on hourly, daily basis as well. 

trigger (2).JPG

Finally, you can link the Google Sheet with PowerBI which is a one time sync to get the insights automatically in PowerBI.

Final-powerbi.JPG

let me know in case if you want to start archiving your data in Google Sheet and before Marketo retention policy kicks in.

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Marketo Automated Bulk Extraction process Getting Ready for Data Retention ?

D'you have the code for this in a public repo?

Ajay_Mamgain2
Level 3

Hi Sanford, 

Not yet, I'm focusing on developing my own skills which would include Marketo API Work, Webhooks, and other Marketo services to find freelance work related to Marketo. It would be great if you can guide me on how to get started.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

OK, I'm concerned then about the content of your post. If you're not willing to present a code/recipe that someone could follow to build the same solution, then it sounds like you're trying to get freelance work from the incomplete post... which would be a violation of Community rules against promo'ing one's own services or products.

If you want me to privately review your code that might be possible, send me an email.

Ajay_Mamgain2
Level 3

Thank you Sanford for the comments. I will publish the code in G-Suite Marketplace for everyone to use in that case and will refrain from creating the post which violates the community policy.