SOLVED

Re: Marketo app to track registrations from events

Go to solution
Jennifer_Turner
Level 2

Hi Mark,

Yes that's correct, we embed the form onto a branded landing page and disable the form pre-fill so it clears every time someone submits it. It then pushes the persons details into the related Salesforce campaign which we ask it to do via a Marketo smart campaign and it will add them in either as a new lead or a contact if we already have them in Salesforce. The smart campaign is also set up to create a task to notify someone in Telemarketing that their is a new lead/contact in the campaign and it gives them the information they need to give them a call and discuss their needs.

I hope that helps

Thanks

Jen

Mark_Knight
Level 3

Thanks for your time - I will definitely be trying this out.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You have to do more than disable Pre-Fill, as I explained above.

It's certainly possible to use a Marketo form for this if properly prepped. We do it many thousands of times per day.

Paul_Seiler
Level 1

Mark, we also hoped that the Events app would help, but for three main reasons found it didn't suit us. The lack of pre-registration for our events and the inability to use any fields from our Marketo in the "walk in" registration have already been covered. But the third, our main reason for looking to the app, was the off-line (i.e. when you don't have internet connectivity).

We settled on the Qualtrics app instead, being a survey tool we already used. The costs is maintaining a different form and transferring the data into Marketo, but it made simple the storing on the device a fully featured form you had built in the main application.

The Qualtrics app has some nice settings that work well for us on school visits, features that will probably see us extend the use to trade fails and international education events.

Transferring the data is a little manual and error prone at present, but working. A developer colleague has just started preparing an MSFlow automation to do this better.