Re: Marketo and Wix

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

No app at all, just an HTML block.

Even if you had to use their generic IFRAME "app" I'm sure I could get it to work if it's not sandboxed. But I'm That Munchkin Guy...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Chris,

Thanks for your input. Any luck with the HTML block that Sanford suggested? We're still evaluating Wix along with other options...

-FF

SanfordWhiteman

Fawn, you can see even in my old test page that it works (just look in the network tab).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fawn,

I realize you've probably made your decision by now, but in case any one else is wondering...

We were also evaluating Wix and I did get the munchkin to work. I pulled in an HTML block, put it in the footer and then added the munchkin script. I set up a smart list to test for activity, as well as a simple form. I was able to show both my anonymous activity and known activity once I filled out the form. This may have something to do with the new editor Wix is rolling out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rachel,

Sorry I'm just responding to this and to reboot an old(er) conversation, but I'm curious as to exactly what you did to get the Munnchkin to work? I'm having tons of issues with getting it to track. Originally it was not as important to us to have tracking on many of these pages, but with recent changes, it is becoming more and more critical.

I've updated to the "new editor" on Wix, put the Simple munchkin code in the HTML box and placed in the footer. I keep trying to see if it is tracking by creating a smart list and scrolling through the list of pages within the filter "Visited Web Page". It unfortunately, doesn't list anything.

I've tried everything over the last 48 hour from using all the codes (Simple - Asynchronous jQuery), to placing the code everywhere (header, footer, etc.) and still have nothing. I'm wondering if it may be the way I'm testing to see if it is tracking that may be the issue.

Again I know this isn't that complex (or shouldn't be), but I cannot figure out why our instance will not track Wix and others will.  I never thought this would work being that I believe Wix uses iFrames for the HTML blocks and from my understanding Marketo has issues with placing the Munchkin code in an iFrame.

Again, any feedback/ideas/walkthroughs/general help would be EXTREMELY useful to me.

Thanks again,

Chris

SanfordWhiteman

Please provide a URL.

Did you follow my screenshot above?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sanford,

I sure did. Mine looks the same as yours (minus the script that is "xxx-yyy-zzz" obviously).

Our sites URL is www.publicinsightdata.com

Thanks,

Chris

SanfordWhiteman

Figured it out.  I'll be blogging about it at http://blog.teknkl.com this weekend.

SanfordWhiteman