SOLVED

Re: Marketo adding _(number)_(number) to program tokens on sample/email send

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo adding _(number)_(number) to program tokens on sample/email send

I am running into an odd problem, I am cloning a campaign using a REST API call and populating program Tokens via XML feed. The campaign is being created successfully, and the tokens are populating correctly as well, everything looks fine in Marketo and if I preview the email all is well. The problem is when I send a sample of the email, for some reason Marketo is renaming the tokens adding a _(number)_(number) and not rendering the contents of the actual tokens as seen in the screenshot below. Any idea why this is happening or a fix? (Note: I am in Sandbox and not production if that makes a difference)

error.jpg

Another Note, if I edit the email and re-approve, it fixes the issue!, but since this is an automated process, performing this action is not possible, any idea's?

Sanford Whiteman​ (have you run across an issue like this?)

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I figured out a way to fix this bug (Marketo you need to resolve this!), instead of having the tokens on the main campaign when it is cloned, I removed all tokens from the main campaign, and once cloned I created the tokens on the cloned campaign and populated them via API call, and that fixed the issue....

Sanford Whiteman​ Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I have seen exactly this, but... can't remember the precise cause.

I assume this only happens with an API clone, and not a UI clone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes only with an API Clone... do you remember if a solution was presented?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Don't recall if there was a workaround. I think you should open a case and be sure to indicate that this doesn't happen w/UI clone: we had an API cloning issue that took 3 months to fix and we constantly needed to push back and say, "No, it's not okay that the UI right-click version of this same task works and the API version doesn't." Eventually, though, it did get fixed.

Does this only happen if the tokens exist with the same token name in the master program? (That is, does a unique token name that only exists post-clone have the problem?)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Sandy, will push back on support for a fix, the tokens are cloned from the master campaign yes, I haven't tried creating a unique token in the cloned campaign through API and populating its contents, will try and run a test and let you know....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I figured out a way to fix this bug (Marketo you need to resolve this!), instead of having the tokens on the main campaign when it is cloned, I removed all tokens from the main campaign, and once cloned I created the tokens on the cloned campaign and populated them via API call, and that fixed the issue....

Sanford Whiteman​ Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!