Marketing Suspension

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketing Suspension

Hi ...looking for some basic information on marketing suspension in Sales Insight.

How can I instruct sales on what they need to do to see marketing suspension and how to add contacts to the list? 

thanks!
carla 
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marketing Suspension

First thing is have them understand what suspension is and isn't, and ensure that you have a way to get them on and off.

I'd encourage a healthy discussion on the pros and cons and if this should be done automatically or by choice - especially the removal of the suspension.

You can probably set up some campaigns that have criteria that get close - e.g. if opportunity is created - supsend, if status is changed to won/lost remove, if lead status =xxx, suspend, if status=yyy, unsuspend, etc.

You could also write a campaign that sets an interesting moment for the supsension toggle.

I'd personally prefer to have that information on the lead object so they don't have to hunt for it.

Food for thought...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Clinton... I don't know much about marketing suspension.

Do I need to create the marketing suspension option on the sales insight profile? 

Any resources for me to get started? 

thanks,
carla 
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Carla,

You need to create a new campaign called "Marketing Suspended" and fill in the Description area so Sales will see what this is about.

Smart List = Trigger Campaign Is Requested IS "Sales Insight"
Flow: Change Data Value IS Marketing Suspended IS "True"

if you want this to be temporary, add a Wait Step:
Wait Step: 2 Weeks
Change Data Value IS Marketing Suspended IS "False"

Activate this campaign.

Go into SFDC and Sales Insight on a Lead Record and you will see this as an option under "Add to Campaign"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, This is very helpful but slightly confused. 

In the Sales Insight section where you direct me to 'add to campaign'... I don't see anything that says 'marketing suspended' or similar.