SOLVED

Re: Mapping work_email field from FB Lead Ads isn't working anymore

Go to solution
Marie_Ligier
Level 4

Mapping work_email field from FB Lead Ads isn't working anymore

Hi!

We've synchonized Marketo with Facebook Lead Ads successfully 7 months ago. We  mapped the Work_Email_Address field from Facebook with our Email field in Marketo.

Marie_Ligier_1-1655106295700.png

For some reason, the mapping isn't working anymore. In the activity log details, I can see the email address of the lead against the Facebook field work_email:

Marie_Ligier_4-1655106704531.png

I also submitted a test lead and in the activity log the Facebook field label was work_email_address and not work_email

Not sure why it's written differently, I've duplicated all my forms in Facebook so I'm sure they use the same "work_email" field:

Marie_Ligier_3-1655106514763.png

Did that ever happen to you and how did you solve it? All other fields are synchronizing correctly.

Thanks for your help, have a lovely day!

Marie

Marie
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marie_Ligier
Level 4

So, I found the issue! I had selected the language as "English UK" in new Facebook forms, rather than "English US" which I've always used previously as I only advertised in the US.

Believe it or not, it modified the field system name from "work_email" to "work_email_address" and so the mapping didn't work.

Now I have setup all my form as "English US" in Facebook, mapped again and it works.

Of course, you have the ability to manually modify the field system name in each Facebook form... but I'm surprised there's no unique name by default! Also anyone managing Facebook Lead Ads forms in Facebook would know how painful (impossible) editing a Facebook form is: you can only create a new one.

Is there anyone running Lead Gen ads globally on Facebook here? I'd be curious to know how you manage having forms setup with different languages!

Marie

View solution in original post

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Awesome, given the Marketo fields and FB fields are correctly mapped at the Marketo's end, it's the mapping at the fb's lead ads form that should be checked in cases where the data isn't flowing to the mapped field in the Marketo.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Darshil_Shah1

Could there be a case, where-in you created the forms with a different email address field in FB than the one which is mapped in the Marketo (i.e., "Work_Email_Address")? If you are using a different field label, you'd need to map the respective field with the correct Field ID which is integrated with the Marketo. I'd recommend you to check your forms if the Email Address field on the FB forms are mapped correctly with the "Work_Email_Address" field or not. From the lead activity snapshot it seems like the "work_email" and "work_email_address" fields aren't mapped with any field in the Marketo.

Marie_Ligier
Level 4

So, I found the issue! I had selected the language as "English UK" in new Facebook forms, rather than "English US" which I've always used previously as I only advertised in the US.

Believe it or not, it modified the field system name from "work_email" to "work_email_address" and so the mapping didn't work.

Now I have setup all my form as "English US" in Facebook, mapped again and it works.

Of course, you have the ability to manually modify the field system name in each Facebook form... but I'm surprised there's no unique name by default! Also anyone managing Facebook Lead Ads forms in Facebook would know how painful (impossible) editing a Facebook form is: you can only create a new one.

Is there anyone running Lead Gen ads globally on Facebook here? I'd be curious to know how you manage having forms setup with different languages!

Marie
Marie_Ligier
Level 4

Thanks for your reply Darshil. You are right, the mapping was unsuccessful although it used to work perfectly as we mapped "work_email" in Facebook with "email" in Marketo.

See my reply below,  actually I noticed that the field system name from Facebook changed when I changed the form's language parameter in Facebook, and that's what caused the failure in mapping the email field.

Marie
Darshil_Shah1

Awesome, given the Marketo fields and FB fields are correctly mapped at the Marketo's end, it's the mapping at the fb's lead ads form that should be checked in cases where the data isn't flowing to the mapped field in the Marketo.