Re: Mapping SFDC lead fields to contact and opportunity using Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mapping SFDC lead fields to contact and opportunity using Marketo

Is there a way to use Marketo to map leads fields to the contact and opportunity using Marketo?  For example, if I'm using the SFDC lead mapping and decide to map a lead field to the opportunity field, how do I set up a campaign in Marketo to map that field for the contact?  I'd like to have that information converted to both the contact and opportunity.  For fields that are picklists as well as long text areas.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You cannot push data from a Lead field to an Opp field w/o creating an API connection.

Please do this on the SFDC side during the conversion or Opp creation process. You could also link them in the field setup.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is set to be pushed to the Opp on the SFDC side when a lead is converted.  I'm wondering now if I can use some Marketo campaign setup to map the information from the lead field to the contact when it is converted, without using Salesforce.  Thank you!

Grant_Booth
Level 10

Hi Remy,

A lead field in Marketo can only be mapped directly to lead, contact, or account fields in SFDC. If you do not map it in SFDC during conversion, then the contact or account field in SFDC will have a null value, and that null value will sync down to Marketo, causing the value to be lost. Could you clarify why you want to do this in Marketo rather than SFDC?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Grant,

Thanks for the response, that is helpful.  We have a few lead fields that, upon conversion, we want mapped to the contact created and the opportunity created.  With salesforce (or our version of it) we can only map it to one of those, contact or opportunity.  My hope was that I could use Salesforce to map the lead fields to the opportunity fields, and then use to Marketo (since Marketo can access contact fields but not opportunities) to map the lead fields to the contact fields when the lead is converted.  Does this make sense?

Grant_Booth
Level 10

I see. I recommend mapping the lead field to the contact field, and then using a workflow to copy the value of the contact field to the opportunity field upon record creation. This is the kind of thing you'd want to work with an SFDC developer on if you aren't comfortable setting up workflows.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, thank you Grant.