SOLVED

Mapped field in SFDC not mapped in Marketo

Go to solution
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Mapped field in SFDC not mapped in Marketo

Hello Community!

I have a new custom field that was created on the lead and contact object that are mapped in SFDC. However, they do not appear mapped in our Marketo instance.  Instead, I have a Term field that maps to the SFDC lead field and a Term (C) field that maps to the SFDC contact field. 

I had noticed that the Term (C) field was a Text field type in Marketo while the Term lead field was a String field type, despite both being created as a Text Area (255) field in SFDC.  I switched the field type in Marketo to String to see if it would map but no such luck.  Any ideas on how to get the field to map to both the lead and contact fields in SFDC?  Or am I better off starting over?

Thanks!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13

Re: Mapped field in SFDC not mapped in Marketo

I think you'll need to ask Marketo Support to help you do this. Not sure why it would unmap though...maybe there was too much time between creation and mapping on the SFDC side?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13

I think you'll need to ask Marketo Support to help you do this. Not sure why it would unmap though...maybe there was too much time between creation and mapping on the SFDC side?
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hey Val,

Differing types in new SFDC fields will prevent two like fields on Lead an Contact/Account from being created as a single field on the Marketo side.  Support should be able to help you out with merging these, but you'll need to decide which type you want the resulting field to be.
Valerie_Armstro

Hi Kenny,

Both fields were created as Text Area (225) on the lead and contact objects in SFDC.  It was in Marketo where I noticed there was a difference in field type (one String, the other was Text).  I've opened a Support case to get these fields mapped.  Thank you!