Outlook MSI Continues to Disable Automatically

Anonymous
Not applicable

Outlook MSI Continues to Disable Automatically

I have mulitple sales users who experience an error message indicating their Marketo Sales Insight plug-in within Outlook has been disabled. I've attempted to have them enable the plug-in without success, if I revoke their license & have them reinstall with a new license key it seems to fix the issue - however, this error is being received EVERY OTHER WEEK!!! Is anyone else having the same issue? 

As an aside, one user is in Outlook 2013 & the other in 2010 - so it doesn't seem to be a MS Outlook version issue... 
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Re: Outlook MSI Continues to Disable Automatically

I had a similar error recently but for time-being it seems to be fixed, same resolution you gave. But my issue was with 2003 so that's a whole different story 😛

Marketo support is great and can def help out with these.
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hi Allison,

If you're seeing something like this occur on a recurring basis, I would recommend consulting your IT department to see if there are any recurring jobs set up on your machines which may be affecting the plugin's registry entries or some similar process.  It may be that the plugin or its reg entries are being inappropriately flagged as suspicious or malicious and being disabled.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kenny E

I've consulted with my IT department & we've run diagnostics on system updates, MS Outlook updates & there's no correlation. 

Thanks for the suggestion though!

Anonymous
Not applicable

We've been having the same issue for about a year and our sales staff is starting to get very frustrated with the constant need to uninstall/ reinstall. The issue seems to be happening every week to 10 days. We've also checked with our IT department and even included them on calls with Marketo support and found no correlation. 

Our sales staff uses Outlook 2010 and Office 2013.