Manually Updating Leads

Anonymous
Not applicable

Manually Updating Leads

Hi,

We are currently using Marketo without a CRM (I know, first problem). Regardless, I originally uploaded a list of Leads and now I want to update these record with updated information. I downloaded all my leads from Marketo and am updating that file with the correct column headings. The problem is that some of the fields I am trying to update are being blocked because they are system managed. Is there a workaround for this?

Fundamentally, my question is how do you update system managed fields using the import list function?

Thanks,
Tony
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Manually Updating Leads

No, there is not.

Which fields do you want to update? Maybe there is another way.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mainly fields relating to lead ownership (Lead Owner Name, Lead Email Address, etc.) but I was also hoping to update others like source, etc. We migrated from Hubspot and want to ammend engagement (form downloads) to users by mapping the names from hubspot to Marketo. Might be too difficult.

Easiest option might be to re-create the ownership fields.

T.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You cannot update Lead Owner. This is assoc to SFDC or the CRM. Use the Change Owner action. You could add custom fields to manage this too.

Email Address - this will create a new record if you attempt to change it via import list. Edit the lead directly.

Lead Source should be editable. check Admin > Field Blocking

As for the hubspot thing, I'd have to see the fields you mean to help there.