SOLVED

Re: Managing replies to email messages

Go to solution
Tadia_Charles
Level 2

Managing replies to email messages

Hello,

We are currently using Drift Email to manage replies to our email messages, but it has become cost prohibitive. We are able to route automated and human replies and update our database based on the type of reply. Does anyone use a similar tool you'd recommend?

Thanks,

Tadia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Well, you can build your own using AWS SES & Lambda. It’ll cost a fraction to run vs. Drift Email after it’s built. But it’s a significant upfront development effort — talk to your IT team about it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Well, you can build your own using AWS SES & Lambda. It’ll cost a fraction to run vs. Drift Email after it’s built. But it’s a significant upfront development effort — talk to your IT team about it.

Tadia_Charles
Level 2

Thanks, I'll reach out to my IT department. This sounds like it could take a while, but may be a better long term solution if we can do it.

TiffanyD
Level 2

It's been a while since I used this service, but it sounds like email volume is impacting the costs of Drift services.

Is it possible to limit which email sends use Drift Email functionality?  IIRC you connect to specific mailboxes - perhaps using other emails for larger batch sends would reduce volume / cost?  

In MOPS We Trust,
Tiffany
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Is it possible to limit which email sends use Drift Email functionality?  

Sure, Drift only receives the emails that use the from- and reply-to-address subdomains you have given Drift control over. So you would have one domain for Drift and one for non-Drift. Don't know if that is a desirable setup though.

Tadia_Charles
Level 2

Cost is definitely the issue here. I've thought of this option, but was hoping there might be something else I was missing. I think this will at least be a short term solution.

Thanks,

Tadia