SOLVED

Re: Making LogoImg in default email template editable

Go to solution
Alex_Firtl
Level 2

Making LogoImg in default email template editable

I'm attempting to modify an existing "Email Template - Basic" template in order to make the Logo Image with white background at the top editable/deletable in the attached code from the email template.

I can "Clear Content" of this particular section, but there is still a white bar that appears above the next piece of content below it, because I can't truly delete it right now.

I would appreciate any help, thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bryan_Epstein
Level 6

So you can't move it up, down or delete it because the class="mktoModule" must fall within the mktoContainer class. You wouldn't need to duplicate the template. By bringing the "Header" module above the "Color Band" module, it should work for what you are looking to do.

You may need to make some minor tweaks to the code then but this will fix your issue.

The other minor tweaks to this code that I mentioned in my last reply to you were: Your variable for the module name is mktoName="LogoImage". The syntax for the name in Marketo template's is actually mktoname. Also, you have two notations for class (class="mktoModule" and class="main"). Combine those both into one class attribute (class="mktoModule main").

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Bryan_Epstein
Level 6

One thing to note is that you can't actually delete anything within a module when you are in an email itself. If you want to remove the logo from the module itself, you would want to create a new module with the same code and remove the notation of the LogoImg div. The issue there is that it would just essentially be a blank module.

To confirm, you are just trying to delete the logo image within the module?

Alex_Firtl
Level 2

Ultimately, I want that module to appear by default, but have the ability to be deleted from the email entirely, like any of the FreeText or Title or Button modules.

Right now I can't move it up or down or delete it -- I can only clear the content or change out the image. We have use cases for both including and excluding that logo at the top for different emails. I suppose I could just duplicate the template and remove the logo from the code, but I was just hoping I could convert the existing template.

Bryan_Epstein
Level 6

So you can't move it up, down or delete it because the class="mktoModule" must fall within the mktoContainer class. You wouldn't need to duplicate the template. By bringing the "Header" module above the "Color Band" module, it should work for what you are looking to do.

You may need to make some minor tweaks to the code then but this will fix your issue.

The other minor tweaks to this code that I mentioned in my last reply to you were: Your variable for the module name is mktoName="LogoImage". The syntax for the name in Marketo template's is actually mktoname. Also, you have two notations for class (class="mktoModule" and class="main"). Combine those both into one class attribute (class="mktoModule main").

Alex_Firtl
Level 2

Hey Bryan,

One last thing, I can't quite figure it out, but I keep getting "Invalid Module: #onecauselogo" error which is referring to line 245 in the below code. I think I got the rest of it taken care of, but I'm banging my head against the wall on how to fix this. Any ideas?

Bryan_Epstein
Level 6

Alex, would you be able to put your code into Dreamweaver and attach it to a post? This way, I would be able to examine the code fully to see what could be the issue.

Alex_Firtl
Level 2

Sorry Bryan, I didn't realize it would render like that! I edited my previous post so that it's just the raw code.

Bryan_Epstein
Level 6

Alex, would you be able to put the raw code into Dreamweaver and attach the .html file to your post?

EDIT: Give this a try. Your variable for the module name is mktoName="LogoImage". The syntax for the name in Marketo template's is actually mktoname. Let me know if that change works for you. Also, you have two notations for class (class="mktoModule" and class="main"). Combine those both into one class attribute (class="mktoModule main").

Alex_Firtl
Level 2

This did it. Thanks for being so helpful Bryan.

Bryan_Epstein
Level 6

Happy to help, Alex.