SOLVED

Re: Make Wait step changes affect leads already in Wait step?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make Wait step changes affect leads already in Wait step?

I have shortened the Wait step length in a Traffic Cop program from "Wait 6 days and must end on Tuesday" to "Wait 1 day and must end on Tuesday", because I had leads that entered the program today (Thursday) and I want them to go to Master and Send email on Tuesday. They are already in the 6 day wait step.

Can I run this campaign to remove them from the long wait step and add them to the same but updated, shorter wait step?

Smart list: Campaign (Wait step) was requested today

Flow:
1. Remove from flow, Campaign is Wait step
2. Request campaign Wait step

I just want to make sure they are not removed from the program or anything, just removed and re-entered into the flow step.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

The first flow action in your proposed smart campaign will remove them from the other program's wait step and subsequent flows.  The Request Campaign flow action doesn't allow you to specify the specific flow step where you want leads added, so they will flow through previous steps to the new wait step.  So make sure that won't cause any problems.

Also, be sure to remove the old wait step and be sure to add a Campaign is Requested trigger to your original smart campaign, so it can be called from your new smart campaign.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

The first flow action in your proposed smart campaign will remove them from the other program's wait step and subsequent flows.  The Request Campaign flow action doesn't allow you to specify the specific flow step where you want leads added, so they will flow through previous steps to the new wait step.  So make sure that won't cause any problems.

Also, be sure to remove the old wait step and be sure to add a Campaign is Requested trigger to your original smart campaign, so it can be called from your new smart campaign.
Anonymous
Not applicable

In general I'd be extra cautious here because the traffic cop has a lot of moving parts.  If these smart campaigns for wait steps are completely independent of everything else you should be fine.