SOLVED

Maintaining Adobe Marketo Engage Community History/Exams

Go to solution
michellechopin
Level 5

Maintaining Adobe Marketo Engage Community History/Exams

Season's Greetings everyone,

I'm coming to the end of my contract with my current company and was wondering if that means I will lose my access entirely to the Community and my exam history. Is there a way to include a personal email through my Adobe Engage account (even though it's not connected to a specific instance)?

I've managed to add a second email to the online exam site so that I don't lose my exam results and credentials (I'm taking my Expert exam tomorrow morning) and I was hoping there is something similar I could do for the main Adobe access (also so I keep my overall history).

If not, what's a best practice should I join a company in the future that uses Marketo - can I reclaim my account to combine them or will it always be a separate log in?

Appreciate any information you might have (and also that this might not be possible without being connected to a Marketo instance). Thanks in advance!

Michelle 😀

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jon_Chen
Marketo Employee

Re: Maintaining Adobe Marketo Engage Community History/Exams

Thanks for looping me in @SanfordWhiteman.

Hello @michellechopin, on the Community we are able to do profile merges to ensure that you don't lose your Community profile history and contributions. However, in order to perform the merge, we need a new profile to overwrite. Please reach out to me directly once you have a new profile associated with a Marketo instance as we are not able to link Community accounts to personal email addresses. Once you have a new profile/registered username, a profile merge should not take anymore than a couple business days. Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can contact @Jon_Chen for assistance in changing your Nation account’s linked email address.

I’m not sure there’s a way to have no access at all to a Marketo instance and still contribute to the forums, though.

Jon_Chen
Marketo Employee

Thanks for looping me in @SanfordWhiteman.

Hello @michellechopin, on the Community we are able to do profile merges to ensure that you don't lose your Community profile history and contributions. However, in order to perform the merge, we need a new profile to overwrite. Please reach out to me directly once you have a new profile associated with a Marketo instance as we are not able to link Community accounts to personal email addresses. Once you have a new profile/registered username, a profile merge should not take anymore than a couple business days. Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

michellechopin
Level 5

Hi @Jon_Chen,

Many thanks for the clarification - I assumed as much but wanted to be sure (and thanks to @SanfordWhiteman for the tag/follow up too!).

I've added my personal email to my Credly account so that I don't lose access to my badges from my certifications, and once I'm established in new role, I'll definitely reach out to connect my new work email at the time. Of course, that's assuming wherever I end up uses Marketo but I'm definitely going to target companies that do so I can continue my use of the system and build on my learning to date (and the certifications I've earned). 

Much appreciated and thanks for continuing to be an awesome community - until we meet again 👋

Michelle