Re: Maintain tracking with a non Marketo form

Tamir_Belzer
Level 3

Maintain tracking with a non Marketo form

Hi. One of the forms in our website is not a Marketo form, for several reasons. Is there a way for us to use Munchkin with this non Marketo form so we won't lose tracking of referral or if the lead came through a paid ad? We are using UTMs and hidden fields on all Marketo forms but cannot use it in this specific non Marketo form. 

Another similar question I have, how can you allow people to sign up with social sign up (gmail or Linkedin for example) and still keep this tracking I mentioned. 

Thank you. 

8 REPLIES 8
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The easiest way to bridge a non-Marketo form and the Marketo forms experience is to post a Marketo form in the background using the same data.

If you just want the Munchkin association part, though — not the Marketo Filled Out Form activity — then you'll want to use the Munchkin API associateLead method.

Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

At my previous company we didn't associate our website forms to Marketo forms, it was just add to list, nd it caused me all sorts of auditing headaches because it didn't trigger a "fills out form" activity. Highly recommend connecting the webform to a Marketo form (which is what my current company does)

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
SanfordWhiteman

Yep, I recommend it for familiarity and portability. A new Marketo admin will always expect and benefit from Filled Out Form.

You want to use the Munchkin API when you're doing cross-origin tracking or associating app activities (where a Filled Out Form is too noisy, you only care about the Visit Web Page/Click Link entries).

Tamir_Belzer
Level 3

Hi Sanford, thank you for replying. 

We are using UTM hidden fields in Marketo forms and we are capturing them on the cookie in our website so we can know who came from a paid campaign. When a lead fills out the Marketo form we get the UTMs and Marketo is able to match between the lead and the visits he did in the website and everything is great (well it's not working all the time but that's another issue). 

The question is how can have the same experience with the non Marketo form? meaning if a lead get to the website from a paid campaign and we are able to get the UTMs in his cookie but then he fills out a non Marketo form, How can we match the information from the cookie to the lead created in Marketo? 

avictor
Level 2
SanfordWhiteman

That's not the Munchkin API. You create a DoS vulnerability if you attempt this method at scale.
avictor
Level 2

Do you have a link where I could read more about it? Thank you 🙂 

SanfordWhiteman