SOLVED

Re: MailTo using tokens and Subject lines

Go to solution
Nora_Slattery3
Level 4

MailTo using tokens and Subject lines

Hi,

I recently had a client request the option to have a mailto URL (using a token) with a subject line in an email. This appeared to break the link so we settled for just having a straight mailto link.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Is there a way around it?

Warm regards,
Nora Slattery
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use a token for the subject line within the MailTo HTML statement (see below), so I would imagine that you could use a token value for everything betweeen the quotes.  In which part of the statement are you trying to use the token?

<a href="mailto:email@yourdomain.com?subject={{lead.my fieldname}}">
Send Email</a>

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use a token for the subject line within the MailTo HTML statement (see below), so I would imagine that you could use a token value for everything betweeen the quotes.  In which part of the statement are you trying to use the token?

<a href="mailto:email@yourdomain.com?subject={{lead.my fieldname}}">
Send Email</a>
Nora_Slattery3
Level 4

Hi Elliot,

What I was trying to achieve was:

A token for the email address that appeared:
{{company.Account Owner Email Address:default=ns@resolutionmarketing.com.au}} and the ahref beneath that to be

mailto:{{company.Account Owner Email Address:default=ns@resolutionmarketing.com.au}}?subject=Here is...

I've tested this with straight HTML and manually throught he email editor but in both cases it seems to just change the email address token to the mailto words.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use a token for the account owner in this as well as long as it is in the same HTML tag I mentioned previously.

<a href="mailto:{{company.Account Owner Email Address}}?subject=Here is my title for email}">
Send Email</a>
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Elliot,

I would like to ask you if there is any possibility to create token {{company.Account Owner Email Address}} in email and when someone clicks on there will be the new email with specific subject line?

I have tried to do it with mailto link as you described above. But we have met a problem that after we clicked on the mailto link the blank window only appeared. So we used only email token and it worked but without subject line.

Have any idea?

Thanks,
Jan