SOLVED

Losing Marketo - company acquired - can I redirect our domain name?

Go to solution
Debbie_Margulie
Level 1

Losing Marketo - company acquired - can I redirect our domain name?

I am losing Marketo soon because the company who acquired us does not use Marketo and I do not have an option to keep it. I have asked my CSM but she sent me to an article that does not supply the answer to my question: will we be able to set up a redirect? Will our landing pages all redirect to one URL, like our website which is a fallback page? Is there anyone who knows this answer? Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Losing Marketo - company acquired - can I redirect our domain name?

If you don't have a Marketo subscription, nothing you set up in Marketo matters.

Marketo will not respond to requests sent to past subscriber instances. The person will just end up with a Cloudflare 404 page with no useful info.

Point your Marketo LP domain's DNS Alias (CNAME record) to your website — and tell your webmaster about it so it responds to incoming requests — then at least you can show people a 404 message on your site or redirect them to your home page. If you gave them a list of all your Marketo LP URLs then in theory they could put up a special 404 just for those, but that’s a bit of work.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If you don't have a Marketo subscription, nothing you set up in Marketo matters.

Marketo will not respond to requests sent to past subscriber instances. The person will just end up with a Cloudflare 404 page with no useful info.

Point your Marketo LP domain's DNS Alias (CNAME record) to your website — and tell your webmaster about it so it responds to incoming requests — then at least you can show people a 404 message on your site or redirect them to your home page. If you gave them a list of all your Marketo LP URLs then in theory they could put up a special 404 just for those, but that’s a bit of work.

Debbie_Margulie
Level 1

Thank you Sanford. I want them to go to a page on my website, so this is perfect. I will discuss with my webmaster. Thanks!!!!!