SOLVED

Looking for information on known visitors and form fills

Go to solution
jenlively
Level 3

Looking for information on known visitors and form fills

Hello,

I have heard the term "smart forms" for a function that will take a known lead who has filled out a form previously and when they visit a page that has a gate and they are known the form is replaced with a download button (rather than ask the user to fill the form again) and that asset consumption is recorded to their profile.

Can someone steer me in the right direction to find information on how to execute this on our website?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Phillip_Wild
Level 10

Re: Looking for information on known visitors and form fills

3 REPLIES 3
Phillip_Wild
Level 10

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I have heard the term "smart forms" for a function that will take a known lead who has filled out a form previously and when they visit a page that has a gate and they are known the form is replaced with a download button...

I wouldn’t say this feature is associated with the term “smart forms” — if there’s any generic meaning, “smart forms” means form plug-ins that calling remote services to complete forms based on minimal end-user input.

For example, a user fills in only their email address; if a service finds their company, title, first name, and last name in its database, those fields can remain hidden. Other demographic info can also be brought into hidden fields.

Like Phil says, in Marketo, the feature you’re talking about is “Known Visitor HTML” or “KV HTML” for short.

jenlively
Level 3

Thank you @Phillip_Wild and @SanfordWhiteman