Looking for another way to pull unique leads from an active campaign -- other than activity date?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for another way to pull unique leads from an active campaign -- other than activity date?

Hi - I'm looking for an accurate way to pull leads daily from a campaign - other than activity date. Currrently, I'm pulling leads by activity date from a campaign daily, but I've been encountering duplicates (due to actions taken by the lead which change/update the activity date).  Any suggestions? 

Thanks for all your ideas and suggestions.  To clarify or elaborate:

The problem: I'm exporting leads from an active campaign on a regular, often daily basis, and encountering duplicate leads.  
The reason:  I finally discovered why when I opened the duplicate leads' activity logs and saw that s/he had taken action on the campaign on Nov 15 and yet activity log reflected Nov 20 when s/he engaged in our website collaterals (for instance). Since I had pulled leads on Nov 16, and then again in late November, I pulled the same lead twice without realizing it.
The fix:  So rather than pull leads by activity date, I'm looking for an alternative way to pull the lead once (despite changes in lead activity) from the lead database.

The smart campaign will probably work -- just keeping track of the last lead download, and changing the smart list dates.

Any additional thoughts on this?      

I have to say it's been great getting such a quick and accurate response from the Marketo community! Thanks to all of you, again, for your thoughtful responses and help!

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Looking for another way to pull unique leads from an active campaign -- other than activity date?

What is the rest of your criteria for selecting the leads?

I'm assuming you're using a smart list here...so try leads who became a Member of the Campaign that day.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking for another way to pull unique leads from an active campaign -- other than activity date?

SOAP API’s getLeadActivity would be an option if you have access to developers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Josh's suggestion is more accessible than mine. Casting my like!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Josh or bgomes,

Could you show a screenshot of the filter you would use for this and how it would be setup?

I may totally be missing this but I can't seem to find one that performs that function! I thought Member of Campaign might work, but there were no options availble to filter the results ...

0EM50000000RHku.jpg

Thank you,
Jared

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Looks like Member of Campaign doesn't have the filters I thought it did.

I'm still a bit unclear on what Jane wanted to see.
  • Leads entering campaign that day?
  • New leads that day?
  • Activities they took that day?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jane, 

It sounds like you only wish to export a given contact one time but the activity data changes such that a lead may appear on Day 1's export and then again on Day 2's export depending on their last activity. 

Would it work to add the contacts you have exported to a list in MKTO called "Exported Contacts" and then use the criteria: "Member of list: Is Not  Exported Contacts" in combination with the activity date criteria you already currently use?

hope it helps!