Re: Looking for a way to make a global trigger but have it apply individual program tokens

jburton
Level 1

Looking for a way to make a global trigger but have it apply individual program tokens

Hi all,

So here's what I'm trying to figure out: I have a field I use on the lead object to upload new field event notes called "last event notes".  With every event that we upload, any new notes go to this field and with that comes the problem of losing previous notes - because the last event notes field is overwritten on upload. To get rid of this problem, I am trying to put together a global trigger that detects when new data is added to the last event notes field and adds those notes to a more permanent notes field called "qualification notes". To help keep track of where the notes in "qualification notes" came from, I want the trigger flow so that it will not only move the last event notes into qualification notes, but it will also add the program title to the front of those new notes and also keep any previous notes already in qualification notes. I have tried to put it together like the screenshot below, but due to the nature of how I have it set up, the program name token will only apply the name of the program the smart campaign exists in. I don't want the smart campaign to have to appear in every single program we put together and I would rather have it be in one spot while working for all programs. So I'm wondering how I can make this flow work as I've described. Any thoughts? 

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 3.52.06 PM.png

7 REPLIES 7
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Looking for a way to make a global trigger but have it apply individual program tokens

By 'upload' do you mean you are importing lists?

jburton
Level 1

@Jo_Pitts1 wrote:

By 'upload' do you mean you are importing lists?

Yes exactly. 

Jo_Pitts1

If you are doing a list import, how can you expect a program name to be attached.  A list can be in the database (i.e. not attached to a program at all).

Can you gain extra data from the list (i.e. an extra column to give you the details you need?)

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Is the Last Event Notes a string field or a text area field? If you can suffice with a string field, I would suggest storing the information in a Program Member Custom Field, so you can store the information within the program so all of it gets retained.

jburton
Level 1

It's a text field and not a string. 

Phillip_Wild
Level 10

Could you have a column in your list import that has the program name? With the same value for all leads. 

Then, you could have a similar token but reference the temp field instead. 

Jo_Pitts1

@Phillip_Wild ,

that's exactly what I proposed above.

I think that is the best bet.