SOLVED

Re: List Pull

Go to solution
Yash
Level 4 - Community Advisor

List Pull

Hello Community,

Please forgive me if this was already answered anywhere else but I do have use case that I need to solve for. We have a recurring campaign that pulls the recipients based on some conditions and send them an email on daily cadence. We need to send another email to sub-set of the same list after 7 days. I know this is something we could accomplish using the wait step and then send the other email but because of some other restrictions I really cannot use a wait step within the flow tab of the smart campaign. So, is there any way that I can query for a list of recipients within the smart list tab of the smart campaign to check for the ones that received the recurring email exactly on the seventh day before from today? Thank you in advance.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Edward_Rumsey
Level 3

Hi Yash,

Unsure without specifics of what you're trying to accomplish. But could you not:

1. Set up a separate 'sub' campaign that is set to a 7days cadence and pulls from the said list, as well as the other campaign sending them daily?

2. Use an engagement program

3. Use filter 'Was sent email 7 days ago' and use the constraint to choose the x time ago? You can pincer the time with 'not was sent email 6 days ago to specify for your last point on the last sentence, as this will do the job potentially. But this can be a bit ropey.

Best,
Edward Rumsey

View solution in original post

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

You can additionally use the Member of Smart Campaign filter with the Was Sent Email filter and Not Was Sent Email filter in the AND configuration to ensure that you only pull the people who are member of the SC and were sent email 7 days before.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Edward_Rumsey
Level 3

Hi Yash,

Unsure without specifics of what you're trying to accomplish. But could you not:

1. Set up a separate 'sub' campaign that is set to a 7days cadence and pulls from the said list, as well as the other campaign sending them daily?

2. Use an engagement program

3. Use filter 'Was sent email 7 days ago' and use the constraint to choose the x time ago? You can pincer the time with 'not was sent email 6 days ago to specify for your last point on the last sentence, as this will do the job potentially. But this can be a bit ropey.

Best,
Edward Rumsey
Yash

Thanks so much, @Edward_Rumsey! I am sorry that I didn't provide you enough context but your point number 3 is exactly what I was looking for to solve this use case. Thanks again! 

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

You can additionally use the Member of Smart Campaign filter with the Was Sent Email filter and Not Was Sent Email filter in the AND configuration to ensure that you only pull the people who are member of the SC and were sent email 7 days before.

Yash

That makes sense @Darshil_Shah1, thanks for jumping in!