SOLVED

Re: List of Opt-In and Double Opt-In Countries

Go to solution
Kyle_McCormick
Level 5

List of Opt-In and Double Opt-In Countries

Does anyone know where I can find a comprehensive list of countries that require opt-in and double opt-in for B2B emails?  Specifically, I am looking for APAC/APJ country laws where double opt-in is required. 

Thank you in advance for your help.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Tammy,

This is regularly changing and would not be really reliable. For instance with the GDPR, lots of discussions are occurring now in no less than 28 countries about how exactlyt it should be implemented...

-Greg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Tammy_Chan
Level 3

Hi Kyle,

I'm curious if you ever obtained this list?

Thanks!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Tammy,

This is regularly changing and would not be really reliable. For instance with the GDPR, lots of discussions are occurring now in no less than 28 countries about how exactlyt it should be implemented...

-Greg

Tammy_Chan
Level 3

Thank Greg, as I'm trying to set up the flows correctly in Marketo to account for double opt in countries- so far i'm only aware of Germany, but Marketo's template has all the 28 countries listed in this template so it's not clear if i should be funneling everyone under the double opt it. I'd like to only do the ones I have to opposed to all.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Today, Germany is the only country that requires double-opt-in.  Which "Marketo template" are you referring to?

Tammy_Chan
Level 3

Thanks Dan! - If you go into Marketing activities > New > Import Program there are a couple of templates in there for opt ins- that's where I got the double opt in template

Kyle_McCormick
Level 5

Hey Tammy,

I ran into this issue as well when I originally downloaded that template which prompted this question.  I found that the Marketo template is taking the stance of requiring all countries that require opt-in (both single and double) to double opt-in.  Dan Stevens​ is correct in that Germany is the only country requiring double opt-in.  Our company also requires Austria and Switzerland to double opt-in, as well as any webinar and event leads we get for Canada.  The rest of the 28 require opt-in, but not double opt-in.  Hope that helps.

-Kyle