SOLVED

Re: List import of members taking significantly longer for them to be available to smart campaigns

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: List import of members taking significantly longer for them to be available to smart campaigns

Dan Stevens

Hi Dan,

The only time our team noticed this type of issue it turned out to be an indexing backlog. Here is how it presented. The list upload always seemed to run within the expected time, but if you searched against the static list, the records would not show up.  Bottom line - ingesting data was fine however indexing the date which makes it available for programs was delayed.

I hope that gives you path to explore.

Eric

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Eric - yeah, that's consistent with what we were told by support - as documented in this thread: Delays/unable to search for new people immediately after they've been entered (manually or via list ...

Dan_Stevens_

We opened up a case yesterday with Support around a similar issue.  Their response was very surprising (and concerning).  And btw, our database is relatively small (< 200,000) compared to many customers.

Following initial creation, it can take a few hours for the indexing for the Large Database processor to finish the index job; Once that's done the record will be searchable/usable by normal means.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dan Stevens   If that is the case, then Marketo should send an email alert or system notification letting you know when the indexing is done. IMO the import isn't done until it is usable.

Rachel_Noble
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

We've haven't personally but a few of our customers have in the past few weeks.

Today I watched someone upload a list of 1 person and it took about 8 minutes.

Dan_Stevens_

This past week, during some testing, we manually added a new person to the US partition.  While the person appeared in the default partition (after about 10 minutes), it took over an hour for this person to appear (and be used in a smart campaign) in the US partition - even though we specifically defined the partition on the record as "US".

Anonymous
Not applicable

Was anyone able to find a resolution here? I loaded a list (25 members) to a static list and all the members are showing in the list, but only 4 qualifying for both the existing trigger campaign and a newly created batch campaign with a Member of List filter.

Is this consistent with what you guys were seeing as well? And if so, has anyone found something that will resolve it?

Dan_Stevens_

Hi Kayla - yes, this is very consistent with what we've been experiencing in our instance.  And no, there is no resolution.  When I spoke to one of the Support leads last week, they informed me this has been on ongoing known issue and they are able to resolve them on a one-off basis.  When I say "resolve", I mean the specific issue (e.g., a specific smart campaign properly qualifying the correct number of people).  They issue a patch into the program - but that's it.  It's not an instance-wide patch/resolution.  So it will probably occur again - until they figure the root-cause of the issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you found that it will resolve itself over time or would you recommend reaching out to Marketo?

Dan_Stevens_

In our experience, it does not resolve over time.  Although the workaround we were provided by Support was to manually enter all of the email addresses into a smart list of a smart campaign, vs. referencing the static list.

I would definitely reach out to Marketo so that they can get a better grip on the impact this is having on its customers.