Re: List Import - Always Syncs with SFDC?

Anonymous
Not applicable

List Import - Always Syncs with SFDC?

In reading past discussions, it sounds like all imported lists automatically sync with SFDC. Is there a way to prevent that? I thought that an important function of MKTO was to be able to keep unqualified leads out of your CRM until they have reached a specified score, for example.

Here is an example: I have to send a webinar invitation. I have a smart list, but also a separate list I need to import. I do not want the imported list to load into SFDC - I only want people who register for the webinar to be added.

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Adam_Vavrek1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Hi Susan,

When you import a new list, select "Skip new leads and updates" from the List Import Mode. See more here.

0EM50000000Sprf.jpg
Edward_Masson
Level 10

In order to keep some of your suspects out of SFDC until a certain criteria is met before syncing, you will need to change your SFDC set up.

Sounds like all gets sync on creation in Marketo. Also if adding leads to programs and that program is directly linked to a SFDC Campaign. All memebers will be synced (this sounds like your issue, that some were not ready for a sales follow up.

To help solve this, you can ask for the sales organisation to place filters on the sales views so that only qualified leads show up in their views and the lower scored leads are hidden from sales reps.

This way you have all leads/suspects synced to SFDC, some are hidden and you can still report off of your SFDC campaign reports with all memebers by progression.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Marketo will not sync your Marketo only records unless your lead lifecycle flows (or Program SFDC Campaign Sync).

So your flows will need to only sync on specific MQL events (score, or form fill out). You will also have to not use the Program - SFDC Campaign Sync.

As Ed noted, you can restrict Sales' view of unqualified leads. I usually use Queues to dump not ready leads and then leverage assignment rules to move to a salesperson:
-Nurturing Queue
-Unqualified Queue
-Recycle Queue
etc.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for all the input. So if I don't have my Event synced to a SFDC campaign and I create a list inside my Event, those leads will not all sync into SFDC, correct? I will add a step in my campaign flow to sync on form fill out. I did a test on a seed list which seemed to work, but I'm nervous b/c the list in question has ~3K in it...

**If I don't sync with the SFDC campaign, then don't I lose the ability for GTW to update SFDC with attendees and no shows after the webinar?**

Edward_Masson
Level 10

Correct!
On the home page of your Marketo program, make sure you have not selected a SFDC campaign or all memebers will get pushed over.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can my GotoWebinar / Marketo integration work properly if I'm not synced to the SFDC campaign? For example, would GTW be able to update the SFDC campaign member statuses after the webinar?
Edward_Masson
Level 10

It will update the Marketo event program. If your program was synced to a SFDC Campaign then it will all flow right through. 

But you've expressed that you dont want all memebers to get in to SFDC unless a certain criteria has been met.

You can have a smart campaign with a flow step to only push leads to SFDC when they attended your event. So on a trigger besed when you GTW comes back with attended status, your smart campaign will trigger and push and sync only the attendes to SFDC, then the next flow step is to assoicate/Add to SFDC campaign.

Hope that makes sense.