LinkedIn Share Button

Anonymous
Not applicable

LinkedIn Share Button

We publish a weekly email newsletter that I also would like to "share" on our company's group discussion page each week.  However, when I try to insert the HTML code for the share button into the email, I am not able to approve the draft.  I get an error that the message contains "script tags".  Can anyone tell me how to get around this and/or what it means?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Re: LinkedIn Share Button

Greg,

You won't be able to put any social media share buttons inside of an email because they require scripts to function and scripts aren't allowed in emails (they're a common way to spread viruses, so most email providers block those emails anyway). As an alternative, if you have a link to a landing page in your email, you can put the share button on the landing page.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That explains it.  Thanks for your help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I just imported and editedd Mizona email template and it actually contains social media icons. Does that mean that I am not able to use them at all, ever?

My company has just started using Marketo and we actually haven't deployed any of the emails yet.

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

You can use any image and hyperlink you want in an email. However, a "social share" is usually going to refer to the sharing of content inside of LinkedIn or Facebook or Twitter, etc.. If you place a LinkedIn icon image in your email, you can hyperlink it to LinkedIn, but it just directs to the site, it doesn't actually post content info like when you would use a button on a landing page. When sharing a landing page with the button, it carries a preview of the page content and description details. Here's the related documentation on it: Add a Social Button to a Free-form Landing Page - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for your quick reply.