Re: Link Tracking for Emails in Smart List

frgolding
Level 1

Link Tracking for Emails in Smart List

When we create an email link performance report it shows we have clicks on certain links (this way we cant dive into the clicked people). 

Whilst also looking into the results section of the smart campaign this also provides clicked links (this one needs us to manually go in one by one onto the ID of the activity to see further detail so not feasible to do this all the time or export the data as it will only show column information).

But we try to find out a smart list of people using the below filter it returns 0 people which contradicts the above. 

frgolding_0-1715176637884.png

7 REPLIES 7
Dave_Roberts
Level 10

I'm not an expert in this area, but maybe here's something to try:

If those links are leading to a website, could you try to filter folks by "Visited URL" rather than "clicked link"? 

Visiting a page and clicking a link seem like the same action from a human interaction perspective, but measuring link clicks might also total bot clicks (email scanners) which do not open/visit the pages like a cookied user would as far as I understand it. 

frgolding
Level 1

Thank you @Dave_Roberts I will give this a try!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

How long ago did you send this email?
frgolding
Level 1

At the time of trying to analyse this data it would have been under the 90 day retention policy for emails 

Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@frgolding ,

Not to be super obvious here, but you've left the two key fields blank in the filter.  That'll always return zero records.  

If this was done for reasons of obfuscation, it makes it even harder for us to help you.  However, maybe use contains rather than is in the link portion?

Cheers

Jo

frgolding
Level 1

Thanks @Jo_Pitts1 I did this specifically to post here for compliance and data protection reasons. It was previously populated with the required email name and link

jasonh-sxm
Level 2

Have you thought about changing Link "is" to "contains" and entering a unique URL parameter?