Re: Link ID - Setting up my Smart List Report

Jessica_Melendr
Level 2

Link ID - Setting up my Smart List Report

Hi,

I have added Link IDs to an email and would like to pull an email link performance report. I have pulled in "clicked link in email" to my report smart list with the email and link id values, but am i missing anything else? Everytime i pull the report, it does not pull in the values.

Please advise and thank you in advance!

- Jesssample.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Please show Activity Log details for example activities. The ActLog is always where you should start.

Sample HTML with your IDs would also be useful.

Jessica_Melendr
Level 2

Hi Sanford,

Thanks for the quick reply. This is for a email link performance report. Not sure, why i need to start with an activity log. If so, can you please explain.

I have clicked on "setup" and set the marketing activities to pull the email i want the stats for along with the date range...but i am wondering if the problem is the "smart list"? I checked my email and i have checked ids for each link (link ids below in image). I have tried many variations of pulling this information via the smart list, but for some reason when i hit "report" it does not show the link ID clicks. i believe the problem is my smart list, please advise. Thank you.

pastedImage_0.png

SanfordWhiteman

This is for a email link performance report. Not sure, why i need to start with an activity log. If so, can you please explain.

Because if the Activity Log detail doesn't actually correspond to what you think the parameters/constraints were, you won't return any results!

There's no activity filter that doesn't require a corresponding activity, so if you're confused about your filter setup, the first thing you should do is prove someone has had an activity, then find that exact activity with a Smart List filter.

Naomi_DeMarco
Level 1

I have the same issue and have confirmed in the user activity log that the activity was captured. I'm just testing to figure out how I can use the link ID to track downloads, so the link HTML is: 

<a href="http://learn.company.com/GD---2016-ROI-Study_LP-Infographic.html?utm_source=email" target="_blank" id="download">

I know the smart list is set up correctly, so I'm guessing my issue is in the code. What am I missing? 

SanfordWhiteman

Please open a new thread for this. You can include a link back to this one.