SOLVED

Limit Values In Field

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Limit Values In Field

Hello All!

How do I limit the values that can be saved in fields?

For example, for "Industry," we would only want three different values to EVER be allowed to be stored in this field/lead database.

I also need to do this for some custom fields.

Thank you!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Limit Values In Field

Hi Keller and Josh

I think if you know how to optimize your forms to only accept certain values, then you shouldn’t have that much problem as that data would be clean, but if you are worried that data comes to your DB from other sources that might not be able to control the values in that field then I think the best way is to have a Trigger Campaign setup to look in that field constantly for any data value change, and make sure to specify the source by adding as constraint, and make sure any other undesired data values that are populated in that field gets changed back to normal data values that you want and this is basically done by using data value change operator in flow section.

Regards
Sepehr

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

in SFDC, make this a picklist.

On your Marketo Forms, make sure only those three values are available.
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, there's no way to tell the Marketo lead database that only certain values can be stored in the field? I understand I can somewhat control it with forms, but that still leaves room for people to upload lists with the wrong values.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Keller and Josh

I think if you know how to optimize your forms to only accept certain values, then you shouldn’t have that much problem as that data would be clean, but if you are worried that data comes to your DB from other sources that might not be able to control the values in that field then I think the best way is to have a Trigger Campaign setup to look in that field constantly for any data value change, and make sure to specify the source by adding as constraint, and make sure any other undesired data values that are populated in that field gets changed back to normal data values that you want and this is basically done by using data value change operator in flow section.

Regards
Sepehr
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much, Josh and Sepehr!