Limit Form to a segment

Jason_Scott
Level 4

Limit Form to a segment

Is there a way to limit who can see or fill out a form based on their segment?
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Clinton_Gage3
Level 3

Re: Limit Form to a segment

I haven't tested this, but you might be able hide part of the form based upon a segment. You would build it out and only show if the segment is XXX and that XXX can be defined by URL parameter, so for the aduience that you want to see it, you pass the parameter in the communcation, for those that stumble across it without the parameter, they would only see the base form.

The other thing to consider is that you can capture all information, but based upon segment you process it and next steps can vary based upon segment.

Food for thought...
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think you can hide the form, but you can use segmentation and snippets to control the follow up page. Allow them to fill out the form, then on the follow up page change the message depending on the segment via a snippet. Then, as your first flow step, remove them from the smart campaign if their segment equals your desired excluded criteria.
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Michelle Oliphant​ as you are still listening in this thread the correct answer is actually "Yes."  You can hide the form based on segment,   Segment the LP and wherever you want to hide the form, set the form to a placeholder form.  Let's say form ID 999.  Then just add CSS mktoForm_999 { display: none; }.  That way, anybody who would see your placeholder instead sees nothing.  Everybody else sees the form set for their segment.

Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Sanford Whiteman​ Well, blow me down. I remember trying for ages circa 2012 (I think) to segment a form and it didn't seem possible. That is good to see it's possible.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I didn't know it was either until I tried some stuff today... these challenges are really distracting!

Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Sanford Whiteman​ Don't let yourself get too distracted, remember you have some response-tracking tools to build!