Re: Light box thank you page

Anonymous
Not applicable

Light box thank you page

Hey all:
I know there are several threads on how to create a light box thank you page tied to your light box lead form - after someone successfully submits their information, however those folks are CLEARLY well versed in coding and Marketo and I am just not following the how to. Is anyone able to dumb it down for me pretty please:) I don't mean to offend those that have put their advice out there - so please know that it is really just my lack of knowledge with all of this, but know once I do it and get it I won't ask again. Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

There's no way to dumb it down further: there are many approaches, but all require JavaScript, as in the examples you've found like this one. I would think that demo on its own would be easy to understand.

If not, do you have a developer on staff? Seems like you're asking for several different enhancements in recent threads that will end up creating a custom forms environment. That's fine at first, but will become fragile + hard to maintain if you don't know what each part of the code is doing, and it isn't so great to rely on the Community in an emergency (even if I'm almost always on here!).  A non-Marketo-fluent developer may not be able to write the code, but they'll at least understand the gist of how it plugs in.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Sandford. We don't have a developer, so I have been using the community to try to figure things out on my own, as asking Marketo themselves doesn't seem to work out for us. I have gotten pretty far- but pretty stuck on this one. Today is another day- maybe that light bulb will go off:)

Anonymous
Not applicable

It would be nice for Marketo to create a how to - like they do with creating the light box form. Those help a lot as well

SanfordWhiteman

So what isn't clear about how to plug the code above into your environment?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not a developer and so I am not sure where to put the code. I have the form how I want it and now I need the thank you- otherwise it just refreshes and that to me is confusing. I have tried really hard to figure it out and keep coming short.

SanfordWhiteman

Show me the URL where you've added the code above.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sandford. I ended up having another team take a look that is more advanced in coding. They have it figured out. Thank you for your advice. Have a great Monday.