Re: Leads not routing back to existing lead owner

Harmony_Moua
Level 1

Leads not routing back to existing lead owner

I'm having some issues with leads not routing accurately if they're currently owned. In my flow steps, I have included rules such as: 

1. Change Owner
Choice 1:
If: Sales Owner Email Address is: michael@domain.com

Owner Name: User: Michael
Choice 2: 
If Sales Owner Email Address is: jane@domain.com

Owner Name: User: Jane

We have 10 choices, with Default Choice: Owner Name: --Do Nothing--

However, I've seen leads come in and not route back to the same owner. Any thoughts on why leads aren't going back to the same owner if they're currently owned? 

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Please explain how you're (re)acquiring these leads that you expect to already be in your db with a Lead Owner Email Address filled in. There isn't enough info here.

Harmony_Moua
Level 1

We acquire leads in a number of ways, however they should all already be in Marketo. What I'm trying to accomplish is this:

When a lead currently exists in our system and is owned by an AE, but if the lead fills out another form or takes enough engagement that re-MQLs them, it goes through the same rule to route it out, but I want it to stay under the same rep. Does that make sense? 

Thanks for your help on this!  

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If they already have a Sales Owner Email Address (as your choices seem to indicate) then choose Do Nothing for them.

Your logic doesn't really make sense, if having a certain Sales Owner Email Address means they're already routed, then you shouldn't be touching them, even resetting the same value is prone to error.